Friday, January 7, 2011

A Snowy Day in CT

What does a baker do when she's snowed in with 2 children???

SHE BAKES WITH THE KIDS!

Since I was home alone, snowed in, with my 3.5 and almost 2 year old, and my big boy had a great first week at his new school, I decided to reward him with his favorite treat - Chocolate Cupcakes! And for the first time, he helped to make them - which he loved.

He helped to add the ingredients.  To save on time, I used a box mix and doctored it up.


Normally, I would care what the finished product would look like,
but my son's prior school taught him to flip the cupcake
upside down to eat it and not make a mess. 
So when he turned my beautiful Christmas Tree Cupcake over
to eat it, I said never again!  :-) 

So I just applied the icing with a knife and then
flipped it upside down for him.



After hand-picking through the cupcake, he asked for a fork
to scrape up the icing.  There was nothing left but streaks
of chocolate icing on his plate.  Another happy client!

No comments:

Post a Comment